How do I log on to Naviance?
Naviance can be accessed from the Monta Vista home page by clicking on the Naviance icon on the right hand side.
Additionally, it can be accessed from the website:
Students and parents each have a Naviance account. Log-in with the e-mail address and the password created. If you forgot the password, follow the instructions on the log-in page.
Direct any questions about Naviance to Ms. Cao in the College & Career Center or to your Guidance Counselor.
What is Naviance?
Naviance is a web-based college and career exploration tool available to all of our students. Students register as freshman at Running of the Bulls, or upon enrollment at Monta Vista. Students are able to start exploring their options after high school, as early as freshman year. Naviance provides a number of resources in one place, including, but not limited to the following:
- Career and Personality Interest Inventories (Myers-Briggs and Strong) to help you discover potential careers and majors that match your skills and interests
- Career Exploration – job descriptions and summaries, and tools to show you the education, skills, and abilities necessary for thousands of careers, as well as expected salaries.
- Resume Builder - students can start keeping track of their activities in one place.
- College & Major search options that can be tailored to your specifications (location, size, etc.), including links to college websites and information about admissions requirements and deadlines
- Building a college list of schools you may be interested in
- Scattergrams that show how you compare to other Monta Vista students, in terms of GPA and SAT/ACT scores, who have applied to colleges you are interested in
- Search for scholarships
- Links to summer enrichment programs
- Email notification of upcoming college representative visits
We will be walking parents through the features of Naviance in our night events throughout the year.