How do I log on to Naviance?
Naviance can be accessed from the Monta Vista home page by clicking on the Naviance icon on the right hand side.
Additionally, it can be accessed from the website:
Students and parents share the same Naviance account. Log in with the student e-mail address and the password created to share with parents (at least 6 characters). If you forgot the password, follow the instructions on the log-in page.
Direct any questions about Naviance to Mrs. Taba in the Career Center or to a Guidance Counselor.
What is Naviance?
Naviance is a web-based college and career exploration tool available to all of our students. Students register as freshman at Running of the Bulls, or upon enrollment at Monta Vista. Students are able to start exploring their options after high school, as early as freshman year. Naviance provides a number of resources in one place, including, but not limited to the following:
- Career and Personality Interest Inventories (Myers-Briggs and Strong) to help you discover potential careers and majors that match your skills and interests
- Career Exploration – job descriptions and summaries, and tools to show you the education, skills, and abilities necessary for thousands of careers, as well as expected salaries.
- Resume Builder - students can start keeping track of their activities in one place.
- College & Major search options that can be tailored to your specifications (location, size, etc.), including links to college websites and information about admissions requirements and deadlines
- Building a college list of schools you may be interested in
- Scattergrams that show how you compare to other Monta Vista students, in terms of GPA and SAT scores, who have applied to colleges you are interested in
- Search for scholarships
- Links to summer enrichment programs
- Email notification of upcoming college representative visits
- Ability for Monta Vista to submit college documents electronically. Naviance and Common App have teamed up, and are linked to one another for seniors applying to Common App schools. Thousands of additional colleges have also elected to receive documents electronically through Naviance.
Parents do not have their own log-in, as this resource is geared towards students' self exploration. Parents can log on with their students information, with their permission. We encourage parents to talk with their students and work together through the exploration process.
See the info sheet below, that shows you where to find some of these features: