Principal's Message All Staff List Bell Schedules Calendar 2017-2018 Map, Check-In & Parking Directions to MV Fingertip Directory MVHS Events Calendar School Documents School Profile School Site Council 2017 Running of the Bulls Info Donor Bricks Vision & Goals
Administration Art AVID Business ELD English Industrial Technology Library Math Music Physical Education Science Science Info Social Science Special Education Theatre Arts World Language
Guidance Staff College & Career Center Financial Aid Guidance Calendar College Resources Concurrent Enrollment Course Selection FAQ's Four-Year College Info 4 Year Planning & College Eligibility Grad. Requirements Naviance Family Connection Presentation Materials Requesting Transcripts School Resources Study Buddies Tutoring Summer Programs Work Permits
Challenge Day Marquesas Dance Team Monta Vista Clubs Student Activities Spirit Squads Verdadera Ron Freeman Purple and Gold Awards Lockers MV Store
Matador Athletics Athletic Boosters Matador of the Year
Contact Main Office Course Selection Info Parenting Class PTSA Senior All Night Party Challenge Day

Work Permits

Do You Have a Job?

High school students who are under the age of 18 need a work permit if they have a job.  Work Permits are issued through the FUHSD District Office which is open year-round. Download a Work Permit Application, and go the the district website at for information on district hours to turn in the form.  The FUHD District office is located at 589 west Fremont Avenue, Sunnyvale 94087

The work permit is for your protection and safety.  It ensures that employers carry worker compensation insurance.   It reminds employers that a student's first job is school and a paid job is secondary.  Also that student are not allowed to do work or use equipment that is potentially dangerous or work late hours on a school night. 

You will need to sign the form and get the signatures of your parents and of your employer (in two spots).

If you have an on-going job, work permits need to be renewed each school year and for the summer.

You no longer need a work permit once you graduate from high school or turn 18.